Sat 3rd Nov 2018 | 12.30pm
Why language matters for gender equality (generally and for your business)? The aim of this workshop is to empower SMEs to recruit/attract more women to their companies or events, by ensuring they are not unconsciously sending out the wrong signals.
This workshop is facilitated by Dr Lorna Dallas, Chair of WISP, in partnership with MESH, a local Communiversity and Projects Incubator. Don’t miss out and book your place!
By the end of this session, you should be able to:
- Understand that language can be a powerful barrier to women’s engagement with events, activities or jobs and give some examples of this.
- Recognise the importance of using both verbs and adjectives when describing events, activities or jobs.
- Recognise non-inclusive words in copy and come up with better alternatives.
- Understand what imposter syndrome is and what effect it has on the impact of advertising.
- Recognise sexist language and thus be empowered to stop it.
Find out more about the awesome work MESH do here.