This workshop is facilitated by Dr Lorna Dallas, Chair of WISP, in partnership with MESH, a local Communiversity and Projects Incubator. Don’t miss out and book your place!
By the end of this session, you should be able to:
- Understand that language can be a powerful barrier to women’s engagement with events, activities or jobs and give some examples of this.
- Recognise the importance of using both verbs and adjectives when describing events, activities or jobs.
- Recognise non-inclusive words in copy and come up with better alternatives.
- Understand what imposter syndrome is and what effect it has on the impact of advertising.
- Recognise sexist language and thus be empowered to stop it.
Find out more about the awesome work MESH do here.